Engine Just Taken A Leak On The Drive.

Simon Parish

Well I take back all that I've said about my car not having any issues.

After the 1200ish miles Scotland tour, traveling to Stoneleigh Saturday and back today, the car has decided to pee coolant all over the drive when I got back.

Opened the bonnet, no water in the header tank, leak seems to be coming from either the water pump or the thermostat - more investigation needed me thinks :(

Been to ECP and ordered thermostat, water pump, oil filter, oil, head gasket set - just in case!!!!!

Would it be advisable to get the cam belt and tensioner - just in case the worst has happened and the head gasket has gone?

Don't know if you read my post of acouple of months age re- stripped cam belt. I changed the head from an old leaded one to an unleaded item and used the old cam belt. On firing up the engine after the rebuild the cam belt stripped. This meant a full head strip down to check for any damage, ie bent valve stems etc. I was lucky and got away without any damage. So what i'm getting round to saying is, for the small cost of a new cam belt you can save yourself a lot of possible trouble.

Dave.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, think i will add it to the order :)

Hi Marcus, yes it is a pinto - looking to fit new thermostat, and water pump at the weekend. Just hope its not done anything to the head gasket as that will be going further than my knowledge allows