Carb Identification

cb750

I need help in identifying a set of carbs. I was told when I bought the engine that they were from a 1991/2 Fireblade but people on the Fireblade forum believe that they may be off a much later bike. I have looked at CMSNL and David Silvers sites (I have used these for Honda spares before) but there's no identifying info on there

Cast on the carb body side is VP

Stamped on the bodies is 8CA A LL7 (the middle A is in a small box)

They have a throttle position sensor on the end of the bank

Anyone got an idle adjusting needle screw (the one that goes in from the bottom of the carb) for these as one of mine is seized and has been damaged by the PO.

Also, there are 2 vertical tubes (1 from each pair of carbs) which I think are float chamber breathers? What is the larger diameter pipe which sits between them for?

Thanks

Get a picture up . it will help in identification. they sound like fireblade carbs,. I have them on mine. good luck in removing the screw . mine wouldn't come out .

ended up drilling and using an extractor ,the end of the screw broke off and its jammed in ,resulting in them being useless at the mo. which one is jammed in ??

pinto2_zps9a56b974.jpg

heres a pic of mine .

Thanks, mine look like yours maccavy, I will try to post a piccy (will have to fire up the PC first). It's the 2nd carb from the front of the engine that's got the seized screw, all the others are loose but I haven't checked the ends. Am going to have a look at the seized screw over the weekend and see if I can get it to move with an extractor as the previous owner has chewed the end off.

Rob

Dan, the fireblade forum agrees with you! They reckon they are off a 1998/1999 fireblade which conflicts with what the previous owner said but then an earlier bike may have been retrofitted with the later carbs.

Sorted! Managed to get the needle out by using plenty of WD40 and tapping it round with a small dowel punch and hammer after applying a bit of heat from a small hot air gun (watch the O ring seals). Arkward because the top of the screw had been sheared off where the screwdriver slots should have been! Luckily it came out with the needle end still intact so I faced the end off in the lathe, drilled and tapped it M3 then inserted a small screw into the end to replace the original screwdriver slots. Soldering it into place finished the job.

The photo below shows the finished needle before its final skim to finish it to size.

imagejpg1_zps4092ed37.jpg