Polishing Bodywork ?

Guest m3wood

Guest m3wood

I have got a couple of panels that are full of small scratches all over them. Including the rear that you can see an outline of when the spare wheel was fitted at one point. I need to basically find a polish that will get these scratches out and make the bodywork look a lot better.

I know it may never be perfect again but I want to find a polish that with a bit of elbow grease will improve the finish.

Kind regards

Matt

Meguiars is the kiddie for paint.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_804743_langId_-1_categoryId_165527

If it's stainless steel then get the Autosol going and eat some spinach cause you're going to end up looking like Popeye :D

Guest m3wood

Ha ha .... I should have mentioned it was the stainless panels I'm on about. And yea I heard autosol is a bit to abrasive so I need help in finding a alternative chrome polish ?

Guest Ian & Carole

Stainless steel polish from th epounsd shop used for kitchens.

Bob have you been polishing your key pad and put some back in the wrong places?

Give up straight away & "polish it " with scotch pads ---- every-one then wonders how you keep the "aluminium" panels looking so good.

Even s/steel has an oxide coating due to corrosion -- there are chemicals to remove this but then the surface is open & will corrode -- very slowly. The coating mentioned above must be only microns thick & once scratched must loose its protectiveness

Second line added.

Edited by florin metal works

Guest m3wood

I know it won't be perfect again but surely there is something I can use to make it a lot better than it is ? ... Its only got loads of fine scratches on it not very deep ones ?

• 3 weeks later...