Cameras

Guest zerorace

I use the battery pack and that extends the battery life considerably on my Gopro silver 3. Watch any action/outdoor TV on the BBC and there's gopro's everywhere. They appear to have cobbled an external battery on to theirs via a cable routed through the waterproof case.

Guest Ian & Carole

Go pro, for me also, quality is brilliant expensive but you get what you pay for.

Like said above all action shots on TV are nearly always Go pro.

I have a CAMSports HD Max. Its a versatile camera in that the lens can be rotated through 270 degrees to enable mounting at different angles and it has a view screen.

However, I would not recommend it for use in an open car. It suffers really badly from wind noise. I even mount mine directly behind the windscreen and it still gets a lot of wind noise.

My son , who is into motorcross, has been through several different cameras and come to the conclusion the GoPro is the one to have. I did a side by side comparison between his original goPro Hero and my HDMax and the GoPro had a much richer picture quality and a lot less wind noise. i.e. I could hear the engine not just the rush of wind.

The only negative point he makes about the GoPro is the battery, if you are going to use it for any length of time get a few batteries. Or cobble together some means of powering from the USB, which will be possible if fitted to a car. (Not so when it has to be fitted on an MX bike or helmet). Should just be a case of drilling a hole into the side of a case

I bought an Aee s70 not yet used in real anger but has all buzzers and bells and some functions eg time lapse that go pro don't have but I struggled to get a spare battery eventually got one from Russia, all in all very pleased with it

Derek :acute:

Guest Tim Norman

I just got some Sunglasses with a 720 p camera built in, needs a 32gb memory card. Quality is good but sound is crap.

I'll post a video soon as a demo. Oh and they were only £18 from Amazon. The top version (pivothead) same price as a Go Pro

Edited by Tim Norman

With Go Pro 3 you gan down load a app to control camera via wifi. I just have phone mounted on dash and can record and pause whilst in the driving seat. It will control several cameras if you can afford to have them

I have an early GoPro Hero that is adequate, I use Hero3 for work and the ability to expand its functions with view screen, iphone app, and mounts gives it the edge ( by a long chalk) over other systems.

We also use the GoPro edit app that can flip the image if you forgot to on the camera before dragging it into Adobe Premier.

The ability to run a separate mic is fantastic and the view screen lets us set it accurately.

Guest zx10rooster

Go pro 3 white, great bit of kit only thing is battery life is only about 2 hours

I use my GoPro for my time in the Mountains (climbing) . Best thing is to buy one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-50000mAh-Backup-USB-Battery-Power-Bank-External-Battery-Pack-ChargerOO-/201124522861?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item2ed3f4ab6d

This gives you hours of filming, making your SD card the limitting factor.