Please Help!

Guest alexpink

Guest alexpink

Is there anyone near me who could come and have a look at my car and wiring; I'd like to get it all sorted before the engine goes in, and it'd be great to get someone over who knows what they're looking at!

I'm in Warwickshire, about 8 miles north of Banbury.

Thanks!

I'm sure some assistance will be forthcoming but given that it's a wiring query which in many cases can end up being long winded and requires a home visit, you're going to get a better response if you're a RHOCar member as advised in one of your earlier posts.

You will find everyone here very helpful and most forum based queries will be answered promptly but when the assistance is taken to the next level and a more hands on approach is needed, people are a bit more willing to put themselves out if it's a fellow club member.

Also we need more information to go on - do you know what wiring harness is fitted currently? Get a few photo posted that show maybe the fusebox and some of the harness so we can try and identify the harness and see what the general state of the wiring is.

Good stuff - welcome aboard!

Best pointer to identify the harness will be the fusebox (donor Ford fusebox will be big with lots of fuses and relays). Less than half a dozen fuses probably mean an aftermarket harness of which there are several types.

Guest alexpink

Having done some research I believe the harness in the car to be of the Vicki Green type. I still have some questions, however.

Do these plugs connect together? They are a perfect match, but the colours of the wires in them seem to match the ones that go to the steering column stalks. Do I plug them together and splice to the indicator stalks, or do I simply unplug each wire from the plug and wire it into the correct steering column plug?

http://gyazo.com/0be3d4bdc6bf3bcc438cf95561ac17a5

Do I take the wires out of this plug, and wire them to the correct plug on the steering column stalks, or does this connect somewhere else?

http://gyazo.com/599830e6b5861546545e723449ddb2dc

Where do all these wires go and what do they do?! I guess they are to do with the instruments, but there are so many of them... do some of them also go to the ignition amplifier?

http://gyazo.com/b47d4426f62ad1fa328906a4915383fb

Thanks for any help, it's really appreciated. This whole wiring business is going over my head!

Hi Alex,

I would love to come and take a look for you, wired mine with same loom. Unfortunately we're away to Wales this weekend, can you wait til the next week end?

Photo one, do not plug together they both connect via mating plugs to the stalk switches.

Photo two, that connects to the ignition switch wiring.

Photo three, looks like the instrument wires as you say, there area few spare white and green wires.

The ignition amplifier wires are a white wire and white/black wire which are near the starter wires hopefully you still have the sierra wiring for the plugs.

Have you got any connectors and terminals in the kit that will connect to the white plugs in the photos? The Vicky green loom would have had these included. If you can hang on don't go chopping the wiring yet it will be easier to start with it intact.

Jez

Guest alexpink

Next weekend would be brilliant! I'm also off to Wales tomorrow to St Davids!

I have a loom in a box which must be from anither donor sierra, however there don't seem to be any corresponding plugs other than the ones which are attached to the stalks.

I don't seem to have any plugs elsewhere for the use you mentioned above as I was given the kit partially built and so some pieces are missing.

A look to identify what exactly goes where, what I need to buy to get it all working, and where to get it from would be brilliant!