Hoodless Hoodie

Guest Bazwaz

For the first time in 18 years I'm now hoodless. My V8 which I've enjoyed for the last 8 years has been sold and will soon be heading off to West Sussex. I've decided to go all sensible and will be picking up my new toy on Saturday. It's a Mx-5 2.0 roadster coupe (2006) with the solid folding roof,factory fitted body kit and is in excellent condition. Its a credit to its previous owners. I didn't realise til I viewed it that I had actually seen it before, it was on the owners club stand at Tatton car show this year. Have I done the right thing?, only time will tell.

Baz

Guest mower man

Another ninja hoodie !!!! Iv'e only had my mk1 MX about 6/7 weeks but loving every minute , adifferent sort of car but I was getting frustated getting out of the s 7 and my other half had issues getting in and out so it had to go enjoy mowerman

Peter, the Sunbeam went a few months ago. It was just sat in the garage not being used so decided to sell it on to someone who would use it a bit more than I did. It was a good investment though, I made a healthy profit on it. I still have the Bonnie but don't get out on that as much as I would like. I might be retired but still don't seem to have a lot of spare time.

Baz.

Guest Ian Marr

Haha Steve ... I did not have a screening passenger!

Baz, we looked at one a few months ago to trade up from a mk2 to one of the new ones. Nearly did it, but they did not quite have the 'heart' of the earlier ones. Maybe they just need breaking in? Really interested to hear how you get on as feel I need a couple of two seaters ... hood and something a little more refined ... Like a 5 litre SL? Look forward to seeing you out in it anyway!

Hope to get out for a bit of a run later this week. Only driven it back form Stockport but was a lot more refined than the hood. Yes there was some road noise on the motorway with the roof up but nothing like as noisey as the V8.Off the motorway I didn't get much chance to explore but on the odd occasion I put my foot down nothing happened til about 4500 revs then it started to fly, I'm sure it'll be plenty fast enough for me.

Baz

Guest chris brown

I had a mk1 and loved it but as you say keep the revs up above 3.5k and hit the rev limiter a few times to get the feel then all there is to do is watch out in the wet as being shorter than the hood it is even quicker to loose the backend. BTW it is quicker with the hood up than with it down

Yep rev em to hell a d they eventually start to go. But has Chris said back end does go quick in wet on roundabouts... Do like it with roof down but just thought it lacked something

Mitch

Guest mower man

Iwas a bit disappointed at first but after research found out how to adjust the ign timing [ possible only onthe mk1 ] wow what a difference ,set at 14 btdc it flies ,,pull s from around 2.5 clear to 7+ :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: mowerman

Ian the 5.0 SL is only refined at partial throttle. And there is refined and refinery. Feels like I need one dragging round after me. I average 12 to the gallon on the crawl into work when I take it, which is not that often. Its a lot more on a run. Still puts a smile on my face when I boot it though....

Glad you are getting out in the Hood. Cheers Lee