New Pedal Box Ideas ?

Guest david_l_perry

Guest david_l_perry

Just working out how to readjust the pedal assembly for my 2B to sort out an inboard master brake cylinder.

I am looking at making alterations to the original sierra unit but then thought about what other options I have rather than chopping and changing the sierra unit yet again.

The new pedal assembly is also going to need the clutch changing to hydraulic as well so lots to change

What pedal box options are out there that will go in to the 2b that are worth looking at ??

Any ideas or links

Guest david_l_perry

Cheers dan. That's very much what i was thinking of.

The thing that concerns me is that it would bring the pedals too far forward in the hood with the reservoirs on the back. Need to find some overall dims from pedal to rear so I can check that out

That one is mounted to floor. And is designed for a square tube chassis. Look at back in pic. You can see where it's designed to fit against the tube. It can be over come. But have you thought about the gbs pedal option. Think we need a ride over to either do eyes or back to Alex. As a I think both went down this route

Mitch

Guest david_l_perry

Ah, but Mitch, you raised the floor pan with a false panel over the tubes so it's all flush in the drivers side footwell, no tube to contend with at all. I had not thought of removing it, just creating a new steel L shaped btm and back plate to mount it all to.

Footwell width is 270mm at the narrow end, but I may need that false floor depth back if I use a btm mounted unit depth dependent....more tape measure time I think

Since its only the brake cylinder/servo that gets in the way I fitted just a floor mounted brake pedal with a tandem cylinder.

I kept the Ford pedal box for the clutch pedal & throttle to simplify it.

Works fine & I can still rest my left foot under the clutch pedal.

http://www.rallydesi...oducts_id=10444

http://www.rallydesi...roducts_id=4077

HTH Bob

Edited by Bob Tucker