Zero Chassis Brace Removal?

Andi

Hi I was on the phone to Richard at GBS today about something else, but I mentioned this bar on the chassis about its removal it was added as someone else had mentioned prior on here to added safety to the chassis. It can be removed but the chassis may lose some rigidity. What he did say is that it can be modified either by making it curve upwards or moving it further down the chassis rail. Hope this helps

Andy

not that this helps in this instance but i was reading about some of the mods the locost guys do and there are some really interesting mods people have come up with to increase rigidity. I saw one that replaced the tunnel top bars with a curved sheet on steel which formed the tunnel. It increased strength and reduced weight. I think they also weld in the triangles by the seats and i've seen the diagonal bar in the engine bay replaced with a Y shape either side which increased space in the engine bay and again increased strength. Quite interesting how a few mods could double (or more) the twisting strength of the chassis.

not that i am suggesting you do any of this by the way, i just find it interesting how little tweaks can make a big difference.