Transaxle Gearbox and mid engine In A Kitcar

richardm6994

is there a limit to bhp / ton? i mean if you put 300bhp in a 450kg car for example has that gone far beyond what you can actually use? I've read that ~220bhp is your max in a fwd car as you get wide torque steer. is there a limit on the rear?

Guest alfaGTA

Power correlates to something in your trousers eh..... First I've heard of it! If the chassis design and suspension is spot on it will put the power down and corner perfectly-this is a track hack so road settings are not applicable I suppose but light and nimble with good aero will always embarrass the brute power

Guest peter2b2002

If too much power goes through the rear Axel it could snap 1/2shafs or twist the axel if not braced enough worst thing could twist the chassis , in my old rangy if I bliped the throttle it rocked the car

Peter2b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 2b cruising

Hi Steamer. Just for you to ponder in your spare time. If you go onto eBay. Search by seller instead of item. Type in stevestrange007

He is a breaker of the more higher end type of car and I am sure you will find a transaxle and engine to suit your needs.

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards and merry Cristmas to you. Ken. W