Seat Fixings

Guest colin law

When I talked to GBS prior to buying my Superspec I was advised by them that the Superspec was about 3.5 inches wider, I never queried it but when I bought it from Neville who was the original purchaser he had also been advised that the Superspec was wider. Will check in my paperwork and advise further.

Cheers

Steve

be interested to find out, i could well be wrong in my thinking/remembering :)

Guest Darren2010

Colin. I made a Booster Seat for My Mrs. Two Pieces of 6" foam under bum & behind back covered in Vinyl, Worked a treat!EE8D1488-1DD6-44B7-838C-55DDA2C3B3B4_zpsfl4puoup.jpgorange block on the left

I don't like the idea of the spreader plates in a 2B with the floor pan rivited to the bottom of the chassis, when you start to do the mechanics of what happens if you have a crash then you soon realise that no matter how many HT bolts and spreader plates you put in there the weak links are the rivits holding the floor in place.

A decent shunt will put a force of several tonnes through the seatbelt and seat mountings , so if you can make a strong frame and attach that to the chassis I would definitely do it.

The floor pan on the superspec is different to the 2B, I think it's lowered a little and the rear sierra beam is attached differently with 2 of the fixings on a 2B omitted to allow for this, that may be the difference on Steve49er's car.

Guest Ian & Carole

Is it not Ultimately the Seat Belts that will hold you in? So is it not Not More or as important to have those properly mounted as well?

Yes best seat belt mountings in the world are no good though if the seat falls through the floor, or the floor folds like tin foil as you submarine through the floor.

The floor pan on the superspec is different to the 2B, I think it's lowered a little and the rear sierra beam is attached differently with 2 of the fixings on a 2B omitted to allow for this, that may be the difference on Steve49er's car.

Ah that sparked a memory. I do apologise Steve49er you are correct. Although i guess it depends on how you built your 2b as i've modded my seats so they go over the subframe bolts which maybe where the extra width is gained.

When i have time to build a custom subframe for double wishbones i think i'll add a frame to add additional strength after reading some of the above comments.