Wiper Arms & Blades

Guest petelee

Guest petelee

Hi Everybody!

Does anybody have a pair of Mini wipers, which have been modified to suit a standard 2B screen? Alternatively, does anybody have the correct dimensions for the modification, because I tried, and failed miserably!

Cheers

Pete

I bought adjustable mini wiper arms from S & J. Blades are 9" on driver-side and 8" on passenger-side.

Heres the arms at carbuilders solutions. http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/stainless-steel-adjustable-left-park-wiper-arm

and the blades. http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/stainless-steel-sprung-windscreen-wiper-blade-8

The nine inch only just fits on mine and won't fit on the passenger side. There are several variables. Do you buy two 8", an 8" and a 9" or two 9". I would probably get two 8" and see how it goes.

Nigel

Edited by Longboarder

Hi,

i didn't use the mini system so i don't know how different the arms/connections will be but what i did was use the sierra wiper arms cut down and the U shape at the end welded back on to use the normal wiper fitting.

For the blades i originally had parts of a larger normal blade cut down and screwed to the arm but after welding the U shape on i changed to making the new Blade style wipers fit.

I got 2 blade wipers and cut then down. You have to leave the centre mounting part and cut off each end. Once you know the length you need to cut some notches into the 2 metal spring strips to hold the end caps in place. You'll see what i mean if you take one apart.

I had noticed they do shorter ones for the bmw 1 series (probably for others too but noticed it on one of those) it wasn't as bulky as the big ones and might not be as springy so easier to use.

The other thing to do is twist the arm to make the wipers sit better against the screen. The angles are quite different between a curved modern screen to the flat upright screens we have.

will try and find the pic i posted if you want

hth