Cbr900 Bike Carbs

Yep Nikki has taken for a test drive & said it feels slower, brakes are made of sponge, unresponsive and the auto take ages to change gear.

I took it out and must admit it feels like the kick-down on the auto has gone. Car feel gutless and yep I think the brake servo is either bust or the vacuum is crap.

Oh well at the carbs work and balanced easily. The car fires up lovely and no smoke from the exhaust as before.

Guest 2b cruising

Servo fault would be very hard pedal Dino.

Check all your vac pipes again mate. You might have dissturbed one or two of them. Especially the one going to the box.

Cheers...will do....No pleasing her indoors!

😅 I need to take it out for proper blast.

Probably just another air leak.

Bit of wd40 on the fittings will hopefully point me in the right direction.

Another quickie (ooeeeeer missus). Do the distributors have some kind of oil venting?

The oil leak on my kit looks like it's coming from the distributor, but not the o-ring, but underneath the cap.😖

Guest 2b cruising

Can't remember all of my yesteryears.

I would think there should be some sealing method to stop excessive oil coming up between the drive shaft and casing.it could be oil seal or brass / bronze bushes that have worn out or been fitted wrong to a refurb.

Edited by 2b cruising

Update from the wife

Took the kit out for a spin and it is running worse than ever. Its taking ages to change out of the first gear you either sit about 3000r and it will change after a few mins or take it round to 5000r then it changes gear but the bike carbs are coughing and sputtering. It’s hard to even get over 40mph. The brakes are spongy and it is nearly overheating going straight up to 100 where as last week it was happy at 90.

At the min there is no way this is going to Stoneleigh.

And before anyone even says yes I agree needs a manual gear box and bin the servo

Looks like all the screwing about has upset the kit. :sorry:

Overheating might be trapped air and needs bleeding.

Brake and gear changes might be an air leak or not enough pressure from the vacuum.

The car running like a dog , will most definitely be timing.

Unless anybody has any other suggestions??? :help:

Typically time is running out for me, might have to stop sleeping to get more hours in the days :crazy:

• Like 2

Can't remember all of my yesteryears.

I would think there should be some sealing method to stop excessive oil coming up between the drive shaft and casing.it could be oil seal or brass / bronze bushes that have worn out or been fitted wrong to a refurb.

Aaaaarrrgggghh....... If I could swear now, everybody would think I have tourette syndrome.

Just bled radiator, very little air, but did find that the thermostat switch, electrical connector had popped off, so that explains the overheating... Now fixed

Carbs still running fine.

No air leaks on vacuum, but brakes are shot.

Didn't test gear changes, cos I want to do the timing.

Aaaarrrgggh.... But now my timing light is bust.

I reckon I just bust a tooth in anger

Edited by Dino