Sierra Cycle Wing Brackets.

Guest Jasony939

Guest Jasony939

Hi everybody,

I have just bought an old Robin Hood and although enjoying it I am also suprised it ever got an MOT...ever. The last owner made wing stays and bolted the bracket in the gap between the Sierra Top Hub ball joint!! I'm almost glad one snapped as that is a mental way of doing it. I have been reading through your forum and managed to sort alot of other stuff (info greatly appreciated) and I know this is old ground but I cant find any bolt on stays. I wanted toy put on bigger wheels so will need another inch in height anyway.

Robin Hood, 2.0 l, Twin 40 Dellorto etc.

Problems so far,,,,,,Carbs spitting fuel, leaking air and running rich, valve clearances too tight, breathing oil out of dip stick top and bottom, dip stick sleeve sloppy, battery not strapped down and pulls starter wire out when you brake, hazard lights u/s, rear brakes permanently on, throttle assembly only moving 75%, poor performance out of number 1 cylinder, steering boots torn, no clamp on exhaust to silencer and .........fender stays.

No advisories on the last MOT.

But basically I'm just after fender stays.

Jason

Aberdeenshire

Edited by Jasony939

Guest 2b cruising

If you are going to Stoneleigh show, not only will you be able to see lots of methods of fitting them, you will be able to buy whatever type you want.

Most do involve bracket of one type or other under suspension steering/parts.

I know it's a long way from you but we get quite a few scots people there.

With it being the main and one of the few remaining kit shows, it is big, busy and fab family occasion,

Most people come and camp to have a good old get together .

My first time this year and looking forward to it.

Guest Jasony939

Hi, it says Roadster on the log book. the guy that hoodwinked me thought it was Granada running gear but I suspect it's actually Sierra.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the show but I'll look into it for next time.

Lol, also noticed the wheel studs look short and not for alloys. Haha, my wife has banned me from eBay and Gumtree for a year!

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi, it says Roadster on the log book. the guy that hoodwinked me thought it was Granada running gear but I suspect it's actually Sierra.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the show but I'll look into it for next time.

Lol, also noticed the wheel studs look short and not for alloys. Haha, my wife has banned me from eBay and Gumtree for a year!

If the donor was a Granada then the wheels will be 5 stud, if Sierra they will be 4 stud fixing.

My studs were too short as well because thin wheel spacers were fitted by the original builder. Bought new ones from Rally Design, pressed the old ones out and pressed the new ones in (2 were VERY difficult to shift but managed it). My front wing brackets are also fitted under the top ball joint. You shouldn't need to raise the stays to clear your new larger wheels as you can fit lower profile tyres to your larger rims and keep the same overall diameter. As Duck says, can you post some photos of what you have?

Guest Jasony939

Gents I put a photo on the profile picture. I just called the DVLA who told me the first MOT they know of is 2006. Any info on the model etc would be appreciated.

(lso I tried to post photo on this topic but couldn't sus it out. Any tips?)