St George's Day

Guest Darren2010

After years of asking Greater Manchester Fire Service issued a St George/England flag to all stations to be flown on St George's day each year.

That'll be the first job of the day if the night watch haven't already changed the flags.

• Like 1

Yes I want my flag back

I work in an enviroment where there are a lot of Scots who proudly show their flag on their cars, houses, office walls and even on overseas deployments, this is not " Official" but accepted however the St George's cross is still viewed in a negative light some would say racist.

I WANT MY FLAG BACK

Guest 2b cruising

That's really good.

It's about time people stopped thinking about the flag as the National front emblem.

By such acts from great national institutions, it should help get rid of that stigma.

I have never seen OUR flag as a symbol for those bigoted idiots.... And do half of them relise st George wasn't English either ....

Same as any nationality why let the few. spoil this country ... Just like the idiots and I S ... We all don't share the same views and visions