New Zetec Engine

nelmo

Soon to start a new build and i really want a nice, new 2.0 Zetec. GBS will sell me one for about £900 but i can't find anyone else selling them, to compare costs.

Anyone suggest an alternative or is £900 ok?

Guest 2b cruising

If you look on eBay, you will find other companies doing them.

You can get cheaper ones but they are usually tuned to around140 bhp, or even lower.

Consider all point before you buy and not just the cc rating.

It can prove very expensive to tune to a higher power rating after fitting and finding you want more power.

Example is a set of Webber 45s would cost as much or more than the engine again.

Good luck with your quest and I hope your build goes well for you.

Regards Ken.

I specifically asked that at Stoneleigh and both the GBS and TIger sales guy insisted they were 'brand new' and had not been sitting around for years.

I know i could buy an old one and it will probably be fine but knowing my luck it will be a crock of s**t and I'll end up paying more to get the darn thing fixed. Even if it's been sitting for 10 years, zero miles is a lot less stress than 70k, even if driven by a granny.

Guest alfaGTA

Try raceline for a complete package?

Worth pricing up a newer duratec too maybe? Mate it to a mazda n7 6 speed gearbox? (5 speed is slightly smaller and lighter though). Clutch and starter components come from the mk3 mx5 range... Might as well as you are building from a blank canvas.