Windscreen Surround/frame

rthomas69

the series 3 i believe would have had a square edged aluminum channel surround which won't pass an IVA test anymore. Sounds like you are looking for a new one which will be radius'd correctly but thought i'd mention in case you found a second hand one and weren't aware.

woolies do the rubber trim but i would also think GBS would have some. If It's the same as my 2b screen the lower channel has a slot at the bottom to slide in a tadpole rubber strip to seal against the scuttle, which you'll also need.

hth

Just been in and measured mine. It's 5/8 x 5/8 channel with 1/8 wall (16mm x 16mm x 3mm in new money). It's listed on eBay so there may be a supplier local to you. As for the rubber, the chap who supplied the laminated screen told me to throw the rubber away and gave me some self adhesive closed cell foam 25mm x 3mm thick. You wrap this around the edge of the glass and push the screen into the frame. Use a razor blade or very sharp knife to cut the surplus off when it's in the frame. You can then run sealant round it if you want. If the foam seems too thick for your channel you stretch it while you stick it round to make it thinner.

Rob