It's Beginning To Come Together

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

After my rant about gauges I had to eat my hat and buy a set, as the American ones I was looking at just weren't feasable! Do firstly I do apologise about saying gauges didn't look very good blah blah blah. I ended out forking out 800 for a set of stack gauges, and here are the results.... As normal I messed up the first attempt by completely forgetting the indicator stalk would be I front of two of the gauges so I moved everything a little hence the fibre glassed holes!!

AB40116D-6681-452E-BB46-574415E9E899_zpsrie6a3fe.jpg

89537DFB-EC21-49D7-89A1-166665378995_zpswqsxmb3b.jpg

222E1315-6C61-4669-80EE-4698E8E2299C_zpsffcr3ubt.jpg

40B5B704-D9AB-4586-9E20-816BD9EB5A87_zpsxxpdzr5v.jpg

The cut out for the steering cowl needs a bit more work and the lights and switches need to be fitted but the wiring is there and just needs to be connected which is on tomorrow's list... But it's starting to look like a car now!!

Guest mcramsay

obvioudly the dash still needs foam and leather trimming to be done i still need to make loads of little trim panels, not sure if I will have them professionally done or have a go myself!

Guest mcramsay

Yea I was reading through a few posts about that last night, needs to have a 19mm radius, I was thinking some round foam slit lengthways glued along the bottom edge and then covered with leather at the same time as the dash