Fitting Grp Dashboard To A 2B

magh

As above how have people fitted their grp dash into their 2b? Obviously there's the route of using stainless done head Allen key bolts to screw it on but wondered if anyone had fitted one without the screws /bolts been visible and what brackets they used? Cheers Mike.

I would bond studs to the back of the grp and fix brackets to the chassis tubes to receive the studs and bolt up. Look at Big Head (brand) bond studs for the sort of thing these are used in motorsport and by some car makers, clean off where you glue them on as any release agent from the grp will stop the glue sticking for long.

www.bighead.co.uk

Edited by Jez Morton

Yeah no problem not ordered it yet might get it ordered tonight. Anyone know of any cheaper ones that kit spares as there £93 posted seems a lot for a bit of grp found some in other sites but unsure if they will fit the 2B

As per Jez. I used big heads bonded on to the dash. CBS sell small quantities. I mechanically cleaned the area of the dash to be bonded then fibreglassed them into place. Protect the threads while you do it. I used long nuts used for joining studding to fasten the dash into place so make sure you can reach them!