Fitting Fuel Flap

magh

So thought I'd get the locking fuel flap fitted into the rear panel tonight but I can't for the life of me work out how it connects to the rubber hose down to the tank unless I'm missing something? Pics of what I have are below thanks.

F0E7B2F0-6698-44D2-8FE5-536C1AA54B14_zps0e51hxae.jpg

1FE002C1-B81D-4496-A5B8-4FAB50DB610F_zpsdojgq7hq.jpg

I thought a bead of weld but that is brilliant I bet a rivet fitted in there from the top down would suffice plus it should seal the hole then I can cut the pipe a couple of inches back and fit to my rubber 90. Cheers

I note you are building a 2B, Just a thought,on seat belt mounts, I have just failed my IVA on the position of the lower seat belt mounts, not the strength but the position.

I took the position from the outer belt plate that comes on the kit.

This is too far forward and puts the seat belt on your lap and not pulling backwards across your stomach.

Thought I would mention it incase you havent already done it, I have had to strip down the car and reweld plates further back.

Guest 2b cruising

If you fit your filler cap to the back panel, after you have experienced the fault with it I that possition, you will be looking to modify it.

Lots of omers hate filling up from the back panel as it keeps spitting back and cutting the pump off.

You might find that with the rubber hose ( as long as the materiel doesn't rot) helps filling.

The true and proper cure would be quite simple at your stage of build.

Fit the cap in the top panel.

If the hole is already in the rear panel, most people put a sticker over it with a picture of the filler cap.

I think these might possibly be available through Stephen2b.

Don't quote me on that one. I just know he has one and is also a bloody good pro printer.

Thanks for all the replys guys. Yeah the 90 hose I have is fuel rated so won't rot and gave a nice curve so filling should be ok.

I'll drop you a pm regards the seat belt mounts as I've not done them yet. Cheers Mike

Guest Ian & Carole

So I just remembered I had this in a box of bits which matches up but there's no where for the latch to grab so keep it locked?

81F074D0-E839-4D56-8E8F-175DDD567A13_zps7y9amr6z.jpg

I cut a slot in the neck and dropped a small washer in the groove then welded the washer in place once happy with position.

A year later went for an aero cap on top of boot lid with pipe straight into tank.

HTHs

I noticed I was missing something with the filler cap now I know what it is!

Magh could you please do a sketch of the mounting plate with dimensions for me and the outside diameter of the pipe, it would be much appreciated.

the guy that sold the 2B to me must have a shed load of bits!!!!

Cheers everyone so my next question is how have people got it fitted tight against the panel obviously the filler flap goes through the daisy cut out and bolts to the metal flange on the filler pipe but I can't see how it takes up the slack and pulls the cap in tight to the stainless panel. Cheers Mike.