Sign Out Not Working?

sj-bradley

I still sometimes come across this problem if I forget to delete the cookies in chrome after signing out.

After an indeterminate time, I can find that refreshing the page shows me a logged in again.

Is there a way to make the cookies self destruct on signing out?

Thanks,

Simon.

• 1 month later...

After deliberately signing out, shutting the computer down and coming back after some hours, I find my account

is SIGNED IN AGAIN even though I did not do this.

Can some one please fix this security loophole?

I have to sign out, then go and find the cookies that this site left behind and delete all of those. Why does this site need to keep cookies

anyway? It is only this site that I have problems with.

Imagine a bank site which does this :) So can some one please fix this?

Thanks,

Simon.

I haven,t read the entire thread, but from what I have, I would say that the problem? Is not with the Rhocar wed site.

On my system I expect to find myself signed in when I go to a site.

I know that if I was to go to Rhocar from another machine I will be signed out, even if still signed in on the first.

The reason, as far as I am aware, is that the info is stored away from the browsers, in a system password file.

When ever I go to a web site it simply logs me in, no fafing, does make it a problem if I have to log on from another system, because, as I rarly type it I can never remember it.

Can't have everything I suppose.

It must be down to the cookies that Chrome stores on my machine.

If I logout and remember to clear all rhocar cookies from the settings page, I don't have the problem.

It's only if I forget to clear these cookies I find this problem.

Is there a way to clear these cookies on logout or will I have to find a way to block them permanently?

Thanks,

Simon.

Just another thought, do you use the Google account feature of chrome, because that uploads your info to its server and downloads it to machines you log into Google with, which can also be made automatic in background, I belive, your auto login will be updated from the Google server, so you may have to check the info is not being reinstated by Google.

I don't use a google account or at least the google home page always says "sign in" which I never do.

I always have the Rhocar site on a pinned tab, usually signed out (although with this trouble, it sometimes says signed in again after a refresh some hours later)

So I have to sign out, then go to the settings page in chrome, find the cookies left behind and delete them in order to stay signed out.

I have now found an extension "Disable Cookies" which I will try with this site.

Thanks,

Simon.