Crash Damaged 2B

Guest oldspot

Hi MAGH

Heres a couple of photos I took when I got it home today,

Its got a blue nose, damaged (so I need a new one ) and upper and lower wishbones at the front

Well I would attach the photos if I can work which icon to use

• 1 month later...
Guest 2b cruising

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

You are only changing the chassis and not all the other parts aren't you.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

If it's the rolling chassis off this site that was up for £250 it doesn't matter what parts you swap.

They have both been registered.

If you are using body and other parts off rolling chassis, just register an engine change and register that one.

I am not going to give you the idea that lots of people would like to buy a spare registered log book though, cos that would be naughty of me. Even if you did get lots of money back for

it.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

The advert says it has been used. If it has been just lost, you can get a new one.

If not and the other car has been deemed a write off, you will need to get it inspected after repair.

If it was cat a, I don't think it can be put back on the road.

Not certain of this though so worth you doing some research first,

If not a Wright off I'm sure you can work out the best way around it.

If not pm me.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi again Paul.

The info you need on write offs is at RAC site under "what is an Insurence wright off"

Apparently you cannot even use old parts from cat a.

Cat b must also be crushed but you can use old undamaged parts.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldspot

Hi

Thanks for your reply's The car is a cat c write off, so can go back on the road after being repaired. As of the start of November 2015 cat c cars will not have to be inspected (vic test ) before being returned to the road. The test was only to confirm identity, to catch out vehicles being ringed, but the ministry has now decided it is not cost effective, as by their own figures it has cost them £3 million for every ringed car they have found.

In future you will just apply for a new log book, have an MOT, and tax the car.

I've bought a few write offs in the past (currently have a Lotus Esprit, Honda Fireblade , BMW 320 ) all of which have cheap motoring and as far as im concerned and don't carry any stigma because when I repair anything I keep a full photographic record of before, during and after the repair.

I would still be interested if any one still knows any history of the car, just so I have a complete record

Cheers Paul

ps and I have bought the rolling chassis off Andy, just need to pick it up

• 2 months later...
Guest Bencraig

That was my car! - I built it when I was 17/18 and sold it 3 years later in 2005. I just tried to check my current cars tax online, then thought I would try and see if my old kitcar was still taxed. For some reason I then decided to google the reg and this thread popped up!

I would be keen to see what it looks like now ( and when it is back in shape!) and can give you as much info as I can remember from when I built it. It was all racing green with a 1.6 pinto , steeles and hubcaps and full weather gear - my guess is most of these features have changed somewhat!)

Ben