Mini Bits

enforcer

I am now the proud owner of a mini heater unit and windscreen wiper motor assembly.

Having stripped and cleaned the motor unit I have to say I am a little disappointed with the performance of the humble single-speed fan, and am considering replacing this with the cut-down sierra item. It will fit ok, and will give me three speeds which I can easily wire up to the sierra switch and loom. But am I over-engineering a perfectly adequate item? Has anyone else done this?

What is the prefered location for mounting the mini heater and has anyone succeeded in installing a remote linkage for the controls? Any photos would be appreciated.

The wiper motor seems ok and runs, but I would prefer to replace the wheel boxes (is that what they are called?) - does anyone know a good source? Mine are a little tired, worn out and tatty.

Hi

As an alternative to the mini heater have a look on the NW Hoodies site where there are 2 methods of fitting a VW Polo heater which are much more suitable than the mini

HTH

swan

Guest chris brown
do I take it from your remarks that bill has put his battery in a different place to standard hoods?
I wonder where that could be then :p :p

Guest Battery Bill
Yes Billy, but remember, yours is a radically altered fire wall, so nothing fits where it's supposed to!

Who says its "Supposed to fit wherever"? :p :p

Since when have any of you lot followed Richards ideas to the letter :lol: :lol: :p :p

Anyway its a Polo heater and its fitted, I realise we have a lot more room to fit the heater than most but then again thats the benefit of having the b***** in The B*** No i cant say it :p :p :p

Richard,

I fitted the mini heater with sierra 3 speed switch, not very good.

Someone has fitted the sierra fan inside the mini heater box (can't remember who now) the sierra fan is a much more powerful unit. This is what I intend to do when I get time. As you have it off the car, try it and see if it is a lot more powerful, if it's not then just go and get a polo one.

Les

Thanks all

Having run both units there is no question that the sierra fan motor is much more powerful even with one of the fan rotors cut off. Since I've got the time I'm going to have a go at fitting the sierra motor inside the mini heater unit.

I think I will be favouring an installation behind the passenger dashboard - just enough room and leaves all the tunnel top area for fusebox and loom.