Pinto Rebuild Help

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Hi.

Been a while since I've been on here.

I bought a 2B 5-6 years ago and after a few things started to go wrong with it I lost all faith in the previous owners workmanship so I jumped in feet first full of enthusiasm and started to strip the car.

My enthusiasm dwindled once I'd taken it all to bits and realised that I would need to spend quite a bit of cash to get it to how I would like it so it's been left in the garage over that time while I got my new house and got it all done up etc and spare cash was non existant.

Now my enthusiasm has returned and I've rebuilt the engine and looking at getting the kit back together again and fitting upgrades as I go.

I've been putting the engine back together. it's a 2.0 EFI on a 205 Block.

Whilst putting the EFI intake manifold on yesterday I noticed that I have 2 small right angled hose connections coming from neer the bottom of the 205 Block facing each other.

I now have no idea what these are for and all my efforts of taking pictures and marking the parts has lead to no help as the pictures are nowhere to be found and it would seem that a bit of biro on some masking tape is almost impossible to read after 6 years.

If anyone has any ideas on what this could be or what is required to do with them it would be a great help. I assume it would be that these points would be connected together with a hose but at the same time I don't think I would have removed the hose if it was just jumping across the 2 connections and not tying off to something else.

Thanks in advanve for the help

theres a good chance I'll be doing your heads in for a while yet :)

Guest Ian Maycock

Here is a photo of the inlet side of a Pinto block. Can you mark on here where the pipes are? I am certain at lease one will be the engine breather. The other could be oil pressure.

200419122656943412.JPG

Guest Ian & Carole

Temp sender is in the head that is the oil pressure switch, 3 out of 4 not too bad for an office dweller. But no cigar!! :rofl:

Sadly it doesn't answer the OP 's question about the breather hoses. :sorry: :sorry:

Edited by Ian & Carole

Temp sender is in the head that is the oil pressure switch, 3 out of 4 not too bad for an office dweller. But no cigar!! :rofl:

Sadly it doesn't answer the OP 's question about the breather hoses. :sorry: :sorry:

Cheers dude.... it will teach me to doubt what I thought and looked up somebody else's notes about the sender :80:

Cannot see on the picture any where else for fittings except inlet manifold :(

Now I need to update the picture again :crazy:

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

I'll Get some pictures taken when I get home from work and get them uploaded.

theres a few other things that I can't quite get my head around but I'm sure I'll come across them after each step

Firstly the picture is not an injection head due to shape of inlet ports but that does not matter for parts ID.

The rectangular hole between ports 1and 2 and 3 and 4 on the head is for engine coolant. In the cast ally injection inlet manifold corresponding to this hole is the engine coolant temperature sensor for the injection ecu and an out let for a bypass for engine coolant from the head back to water pump (via heater matrix if installed).

• Like 1

The engine breather pipe is split into two after the PCV valve and feeds back to the cast ally injection inlet manifold to burn off gasses from the crankcase and the vacuum generated in the inlet opens the valve and draws out the gases.

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Yeah I'm in Peterhead just north of Aberdeen.

Came back and realised that it's actually off the bottom of the efi intake. I'll try and get a picture up but on my phone so no idea how

Yeah I'm in Peterhead just north of Aberdeen.

Came back and realised that it's actually off the bottom of the efi intake. I'll try and get a picture up but on my phone so no idea how

Sounds like the Breathers from the PCV valve then.