Pinto Rebuild Help

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Another Quick one... The port with the blue masking tape around it... anyone kindly point out to me what that is and where it connects too? Also I've noticed that when mounting the intake manifold the fuel pipe that I originally thought connected straight to the fuel pressure regulator seems to be just too short and I would not expect it to have to be stretched into place.. is there a T-piece that connects this line to something else and then up to the pressure regulator?

Cheers for the help guys my knowledge on this subject is pretty abismal to the point I should have left it as it was :(

Give me a wiring loom to re-work anyday haha

Coolant feed for heater. Route to heater if fitted, or to same sized fitting on the water pump if no heater. Don't block off as it allows water circulation whilst the engine is warming up, and should prevent hot spots.

fuel pipe feed connects to fuel rail (opposite end to the regulator), and a return line to the tank from the regulator.

Edited by Grim

Guest Jonathan.Ritchie

Yeah I still have all the radiator hoses still connected somewhere but have not re-fitted the radiator as I'm going to be upgrading from sliding pillar to the wishbone suspension, haven't looked at all the hose connections at this point but looking at the condition of the internals of the port I thought it had to be a water line...

I'll try and get some pictures of where the Fuel lines come and go from (going into the fuel Rail etc) and double check that I'm ok and then show the tube which I think goes onto the regulator and show the discrepency on legnth