Rear Suspension Set Up

colinmoore

Hi guys, I've just started using my 2B Wishbone,after completing the build, and wondering how you run your rear suspension. I have set ride heights as standard 7" rear 6" front, and am using Gaz coil overs. I have set dampers at 5 clicks from softest setting. My question regards pot holes! The front end seems to handle them really well, but the rears tends to skip after contacting irregularities in the road surface. I have decambered the wishbones with wedges, but have not altered the toe setting. I will play with damper settings, and stiffen them up to start with. Any advise on toe settings?

Guest peter2b2002

If the rear hops on uneven roads try fitting wedges to the rear hubs , it sorted out my 2b, do a search on this site for them , some one might have a set lying around

Peter2b

I have decambered the wishbones with wedges, but have not altered the toe setting

Assuming you have the Sierra rear end, the toe cannot be changed.

Except by fitting camber wedges that also have toe adjustment built in.

It may be best to get the rear toe measured first to see if that is actually a problem.

Hard settings can make the back skip. Try softening the rear even more.

How many clicks of adjustment do you have end to end?

What tyre pressure are you using? 18 psi all round is fine for a 2B riding solo, maybe increase to 20 at the back for two in the car.

Do you know what the spring rates are? The rears on mine are 300lb and I run the Gaz coilovers at just over half the adjustment. I've also fitted wedges to sort the camber and set the toe to zero at rest with shims. Drives fine set at this, it is very firm but doesn't skip around.

Ideally I need to increase the spring rate and reduce the damping to get a bit more compliance when cornering and a bit more comfort.

Edited by steve in stockport
  • Like 1

I'm running rear tyre pressure at 20 PSI, with dampers set 5 clicks up from softest all round. Front tyre pressure at 18 PSI. Springs were supplied by Dampertech, I accepted their guidance with spring rates, as they have previous experience with this model.

Edited by colinmoore

I run my 2B with tyres 18psi and rear dampers set at 12 clicks. My ride height is set to give correct camber around 1 to 1.5deg which incidentally gives a small amount of toe in.

With dampers down at 5 clicks you may be under damped and the wheels could be losing contact with the road as they bounce.