Some More Progress

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

I thought I had finished the interior with the carpeting and dash, but over the Xmas period after removing the dash to finish wiring I thought everything looked a bit bare, I had some vinyl and foam left over so I decided to make a centre console with the marlin badge inset into it, along with a new tunnel top. Here are the results of the pretty much finished interior. A few bits left to sort on the door cards and etc but you get the idea.

BCA293C0-765F-4972-92B6-9CF5797F35E8_zps

171C0F2A-CD18-411F-9BE4-E6E53C1CC542_zps

F56B0009-2CDC-4D47-A2C2-D9C9CC546F6D_zps

4F1F199B-7B8E-4082-A278-D5E515576C25_zps

Guest 2b cruising

I was going to ask that same question.

I've liked the standard of your workmanship all the way through your build blogs.

You must be turning Marlin owners faces green with envy.

Well done and still can't wait to see it I the flesh.

You did say I could have a go didn't you. Or I might have been dreaming at the time.

Guest mcramsay

The standard of my workmanship is something that has improved a great deal, the zero that I built even though all brand new, was never put together the way it should have been. It was safe to drive but it looked a bit rough..hence it getting a bit of a slagging on here when it came up for sale on eBay. Although I must say it was rough around the edges when I sold it, but was no where near the state it was in when it came back up for sale 2 years later.... Anyway I'm 27 now and trying to make a much much better car that has challenged me mentally, and challenged my skills. And this time round if I make something and it looks rubbish I've thrown it away and tried again. And I'm not saying that the end result will be absolutely perfect by no means, but it is to a much higher standard and I can look at it and not be embarrassed that something looks naff. So far on this build I have learned to tig weld and fabricated the exhausts, made decent work of fitting the carpets, hand cutting all the bodywork to size with good even gaps. The wiring is tidy and I'm not scared it's going to go up in flames!

Just need to finish the bloody thing and get it through IVA... And then see how 340bhp and a light back end feels spinning into a hedge somewhere!

Guest 2b cruising

Don't think I have heard of a 340 bhp Marlin before.

Saw one with a Cosworth in but the bhp was undisclosed.

Going to take some skill to keep it on the road, but I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Ken.

Great build Craig, all looks as if it was meant to be. One question though, what are the clips on the side of the headrests for? If to guide the seat belts will they fall foul of the IVA -- if belt is deflected ( on route to person wearing ) ten it must be capable of supporting/resisting the total strain placed upon it. ( My words not IVA manual )

Guest mcramsay

Yea I think in the Suzuki cappuccino they came from they were belt guides, will be removed for iva. The car is going back to the factory to have the upper seatbelt mounts moved higher as currently they wil not reach the minimum lower limit. So I shouldn't need anything to guide the belt once that has been done.

• 2 weeks later...