Bluming Ford (Sorry Peugeot)

jaimo

Guest 2b cruising

When I retired I decided to try avoiding working on family cars.

My wife has been getting her Berlinger van serviced by a local mechanic with a brilliant reputation.

He has proven to be excellent for the past five years and his costs have always been very reasonable.

Just before Christmas, swimbo had a problem with the van continually stalling out when moving away from standstill.

As her job is mainly stop start drop offs the van was really unusable for her work.

She took it to the mechanic who diagnosed the fuel pressure regulator faulty.

After he changed it £400+ everything seemed good for a couple of days until it started stalling again again.

I decided as he was busy and couldn't look at it for a couple of days, I would take a look myself.

On removing the air ducting I found that the air ducting had worn though the egg unit. It was not fresh damage and it had signs of being bodged in the past.

After replacing with one from a local breakers, the van run better than it has done for the past 3 years of ownership.

I have now decided I must stop being a lazy sod and start doing our own vehicles again.