Only Bmw

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

Only BMW could make an engine so smooth that I couldn't tell it was only running on 3 out of 6 cylinders!! I feel like a complete idiot, after getting the m3 lump running again last weekend I have been trying to find why it had a lumpy idle and was a bit grumpy when revving cold. So in normal fashion I looked for the most complicated things rather than simple. I thought it was a vaccum leak. And did find the inlet manifold o rings leaking. So I changed them with no difference. So I got the diagnostic software and looked at the live running values, lambda 2 cylinders 4-6 showing no voltage. Which I found weird as its a new sensor that I tested prior to fitting. So I then read fault codes and found no signal to injectors 4,5,6. Instantly knew I had s wiring issue, so pushed down on the extremely long injector bank plug. And the engine jumped into a bang on smooth idle and revved lovely.

I've been revving the tits off the engine all week, I would never have known the back 3 cylinders were not firing in the slightest!! A little embarrassing!! but the thing is running sweet as a nut now, I can't wait to get through iva and get out on the road. This thing is going to be a complete handful to drive.

Guest mcramsay

Yea, they are just massive engines, and lie on an angle aswell so they take up lots of room! Think you would struggle to get one in a zero. M3 stuff isn't cheap, you can pretty much triple the price of m3 parts compared to normal BMW stuff. Any way always remember to check you plug things back in properly!

Guest peter2b2002

I love the way my z3 straight 6 revs, hard to tell if it's running some times I have to look at the Rev counter to see if it's running

peter2b