What Is It

kevin the chicken

Just in the process of changing bits over from my duff engine to the new one and am trying to identify what is what. On the side of the oil filter housing is an adapter to which are screwed two sensors I think.

One is a small cone shaped one with a hex head which I am guessing is an oil temp sender from the original car as my car has no gauge for this. The wire for this would attach to a screw thread on top. It has no markings on it.

The other is a round flat topped thing about the size of a brake slave cylinder but only an inch or less in height. It has the markings 8n-10 Kn/m2 and PTR 3000 on it. Does this sound like an oil pressure Sensor? Either way it's not the correct one for my gauge but I would like to know what they are before I bin themy

Thanks

Kevin

OK, that explains why my oil pressure was all over the place because the gauge was wired to the other sensor. It may be that the revotec gauge and the smiths sender are compatible, don't know how to find out though. Perhaps someone else on the forum has revotec gauges. Otherwise I may have to go for a known combination so that I know the gauge is reading correctly.

The more I delve into this the more of a pain it gets.

Yes it is the one for the gauge, don't know what I would do without Google. At least I can fit that with an adaptor without the surplus one. I think that had just been left on because it plugged a hole. I would have taken it off to reduce Weight! I will turn the engine over without starting it to make sure there is oil pressure before I let it run.

I took the heater out on Friday and that weighed nearly four kilos, together with my weight loss that should make for a marked improvement in performance