Ss Sump Guard - Pictures

bullfist

Posted here because I cannot attach to original topic - even though I've paid me subs.

Pictures attached. First two are offside, next two are nearside, final one is rear (acts as a mud scoop as I reverse up the garden!).

Oh, and it looks like I used 2mm stainless plate (not 3mm).

-Steve

post-4684-0-03875400-1466956255_thumb.jpg

post-4684-0-13192700-1466956262_thumb.jpg

post-4684-0-16274100-1466956274_thumb.jpg

post-4684-0-90800600-1466956283_thumb.jpg

post-4684-0-77059100-1466956291_thumb.jpg

Guest 2b cruising

I don't feel you have enough fixing towards the rear of it.

This will cause the lengthy rear part to vibrate and probably crack it along the front edge.

Now you have the shape and size you need it might be best to remove it and get it welded including possibly two more anchor brackets going up to the sump bolts.

Have you put a rubber type sheet between the two pieces.

This might stop any vibration wear or noise.

Thanks for the pics Steve. Your sump looks even lower than mine, unless the photo angles are deceptive. Interesting to see how you've fixed it, gives me food for thought. I'd better start measuring up and order some steel plate.

BTW, like you I couldn't attach photos to my original posting and gave up in the end.

Can anyone explain how to add photos to a forum post. I couldn't find anything in the Help files or other posts (and I'm a person who does read helpfiles!). I know I could create a Photobucket account and add links, but surely there is a way of directly pasting or uploading an attachment into a post?

Pictures are deceiving - took them in a cramped garage - which had a sheet of 9mm plywood underneath the middle of the car (can be seen in first picture) and couldn't get a low enough angle from near-side.

Rear of plate is tight against sump - packed with rubber strip to stop vibrations - you can see a little of it from rear view. Doesn't wobble about as there are three fixing screws on off-side. It's good and tight.

As for photos - I had the same problem previously - the answer was that paid-up members can only post photos in certain forums.

-steve