Tips Wanted

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Hi all. My car is playing up when throttle is balanced between power and overrun at all speeds.

I am suspecting the throttle position sensor.

If anyone has a spare for a 2lt dohc engine or even a pinto injection I would be willing to exchange it for some shekels.

If anyone else has suffered with this problem and knows another reason for this to happen, it would be appreciated for you to let me know.

Regards. Ken. 🙂

Title should of coarse read tps wanted not tips. Thanks anyway.

Edited by 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

That would be great Chris but it would then happen at around 125 mph and I think that would be worse.

R1R's on the way. Might even be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed its only those new t1r's.

Didn't happen before I fitted them and I've cured the bump steer. Longer springs gave more piston travel as now further gap between coils and kept the same ride height.

Edited by 2b cruising

Hi Ken,

I just typed a note which seems to have disappeared. I posted a similar request a while ago Jez Morton found these people my friend bought 1 at £65 +Vat

try this

Steve,
have a look at atpowerthrottles.com

Throttle Position Sensor RPS 971-0002.

Found this looking for the part, don't know them nor used them though.

Jez

Hope this helps Ken.

Cheers

Steve

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks for that Steve.

At that price I would need to know for circa in this is the cause of my problem first.

What problem did your friend have needing to change his tps.

Thanks for the eyes open though Steve.

Hi Ken,

Sorry for the late response !

His problems where that the car he had he used for Weddings and Functions Proms etc. He said the car would start OK then when he arrived at the function it would sometimes have difficulty starting, it would not idle properly sometimes and I believe the engine would not pick up when trying to accelerate.

One of our other members Dan Howell had the TPS from us and measured its output and confirmed the output was not smooth which we believed denoted worn or damaged windings in the TPS. I am no expert but could vaguely understand that the TPS provides current to let the carburetor know how much fuel is required ! I may be totally wrong ( I am sure someone else here will correct my ignorance ) but once the TPS was replaced he said that the car ran better than it had ever done before and was much smoother and responsive.

Sorry that is all I can tell you would you like me to contact him and ask if you can have his telephone number then you could discuss the issue, he has since parted company with the vehicle.

Cheers :drinks:

Steve

:lazy:

Ken,

will contact him tomorrow 15/08 he will not know about the readings sorry but may be able to give further detail on his problems prior to fitting replacement TPS.

Can I suggest that you send Jez Morton a message he may be able to assist with readings Dan not around at present Jez has always been very helpful to me and is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy.

Will hope to send further detail sometime tomorrow.

Cheers :drinks:

Steve

:lazy:

Guest 2b cruising

Hi Steve.

That looks a lot different than mine as mine only has two wires but will check when I get out of my pit in the morning.

Thanks for your eyes.