Robin Hood S7 Help

Guest Taz119

I've just brought a s7,log book has arrived but it's still registered as a triumph dolomite 1850,it is still moted and has been tested every year since at lease 2009,is this correct,thanks

There are lots of posts on the forum regarding this problem. The V5 log book should state what the car is ie A Robin Hood S7. It should also have its own VIN on it somewhere. The potential problem is if you were to have an accident and needed to make a claim. Like most, sorry all, insurance companies they would do whatever they could to avoid paying out. An incorrectly registered vehicle is a perfect excuse for them.

There is a chassis number on it but not sure if it's the triumph chassis number or Robin Hood number,the guy who built the car brought the kit from Robin Hood in 1993,thanks

Edited by Taz119

Guest 2b cruising

If there is any chance of getting your money back, ie PayPal.take that chance.

Preparing and getting a car through IVA is not an easy thing to do.

It can also prove expensive, very expensive.

If he sold it to you under false pretences such as advertising or as a fully registered vehicle, by law he is wrong. In this instance PayPal will get your money back for you and then take it from the sellers account.

Maybe you didn't buy it through eBay but you could still have paid him through PayPal who would then do exactly the same thing.

If you paid by credit card, once again if the car was falsely advertised you could claim the costs back.

If it was a friend of a friend, firstly break your friends neck then ask for your money back.

The man who actually owned the car knows exactly what he has done and it is an illegal car the way it sits at the moment.

By the way, I was not serious about breaking legs. Don't do this as it will only cost you more money.

If you went to buy the car and were told something like the log book was in the post, now you know why you were told that.

Don't get me wrong, plenty of people have been in your situation and gone through the rigours of getting the cars legal.

Take your time thinking about what has happened then follow up on the desition you have made. As I've already said though, it can be a very involved, time consuming and costly task, the test itself is getting towards £600 then you have the cost of registration. You would also need lots of paperwork about the build unless you 100'/, strip and rebuild it and take lots of details and photographs throughout the build. You are not just talking about a couple of weeks work, even if you are a first rate mechanic.

Just last week another chap on here found himself in a very similar position.

Good luck with your endevour and I hope whichever path you follow, you are successful with it.

Ken.

Edited by 2b cruising

Ive just got back from the Isle of Wight! It was great and wherever I went there was the Waverley paddle steamer. There was a period when you could correct logs books about the time of the IVA test but that is long gone. A man called Paul Jepsom? (search this site for him) did a lot of work with registrations it may be worth trying him as a last hope.