Telling Dvla That I've Changed The Engine

Guest Guy

Hi all,

Well I've not posted in this group for a long time, I'm glad it's still going. My car's registered but I've changed the engine from a 2.4V6 to an 1100CC motorcycle engine from a ZZR1100. I've told DVLA and they sent me a nice letter saying that I have to give them one of the following:-

- A receipt for the engine from a garage (I didn't buy it from a garage so I can't do this).

- An inspection report provided for insurance purposes (not sure what this is)

- Written confirmation from the manufacturer showing the engine number and size.

Has anyone else had this and what did you do?

I believe that a letter from a RHOCAR committee member would also carry some weight.

An inspection valuation report for insurance is to provide an independent assessment of the car's value,

again I believe a RHOCAR committee member could provide this........for suitable (liquid??) remuneration

Edited by Bob Tucker

When I put my bike engine in, I knocked up a PowerPoint of annotated photos showing the engine number and capacity stamped onto the block. That was enough for the DVLA. Was about 10 years ago, so rules may of changed since then!