High Pressure Fuel Pump

tractor

Guest macszero

Thanks for your help on this matter. Looks like the next stop is an eBay purchase ;).

How do you find the megasquirt ecu, why not the emerald k6 ?

Guest macszero

Fair enough.

Some thought for me in the future if I have trouble getting things running with the OEM ecu.

Thanks again for fuel pump advice.

Only concern with that one is what stops it bouncing around inside the tank?

I've also got megasquirt, not the fancy ms3 that tractor has but the ms2. It's a great ecu if you want to get hands on and learn and they are very customisable which is great as you can modify them to build in the features you want.

Guest macszero

If I was to use the same fuel pump as you and tractor have, would I be able to run it using the oem mx5 loom / relay / ecu ? My donor is an mx5 1.8 mk2 (nb)

cant see why not i am running the fuel pump from my megasquirt i think richy is using emerald or omex if the oem ecu wont run it then just put a switched seperate supply to it

Edited by tractor

Guest macszero

It's just that I've read that if the wrong relay is used it could burn out the loom. One of the pitfalls of the Internet, too much information. Back in the day it was just suck it and see. Lol

Guest macszero

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks for your help Stuart.

Next stop ebay it is then. I'll go for the same as you as it's tried and tested. Any land rover one as long as it's got the in built swirl pot ?