Replacing Sierra Speedometer System With Smiths Speedometer.

Guest Keon

I am looking for some guidance. I have built a new dashboard for my RH2B. I am replacing the old Sierra speedometer system with Smiths speedometer, Rev counter, fuel, pressure and temperature gauges. Has anyone completed it before? If yes, where can i get a Smiths speedo cable. Any additional information will be greatly appreciated.

HI Keon, where-abouts in Hampshire are you? I have posted up in Events Section for suggestions on April meet. So far we have a possible at Popham Airfield.

With your instruments question are you trying to install old Smiths dials or the new "Flight" dials? We have the Flight dials in Florin & they do exactly what I was looking for, but they are all electronic stepper motors, so don't answer your question.

See you soon, regards Bob.

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response. I am in Aldershot, if my car is ready i will come to the meet.

I am changing to the old style Smiths gauges.I had the guages awhile but only just decided to fit them.

Kind regards

Keon