Blue Or Gray Smoke

Guest jelleyhead

Guest lotusPaul

I saw that too, been researching pistons before i made a comment. Looks like you may have RS2000 16v pistons in there i think. Not ideal.

Can you clean up the cylinder head. Not clear but there looks to be something going on in the oily cylinder, 1 or 4, between the two valve seats and the exhaust valve looks a bit moth-eaten. Doesn't look as if that cylinder has been firing.Three of the exhaust valves look slightly overcooked, possibly running leanish. Not much of a clean gasket impression round one of the cylinders in the block. Stem seals would have to be bad for oil to get down an exhaust valve. Only happens when the engine is stopped. When running it can be sucked down by inlet port vacuum but doesn't come down the exhausts into a higher pressure port.

You need a good clean-up and careful inspection, including is the head surface flat or warped.

More history? Has there been a misfire? Did this come on suddenly or has it been building up over many miles? MPG dropped?

Nigel

post-21-0-96856100-1496062367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder