Do you need non vacuum dizzy for bike carbs?

rread97

So I’m in the process of buying bike carbs and all the bits I need to fit, do I need a non vacuum dizzy to run these carbs? Can I run without or block the vacuum off? 

im already on a budget so just trying to save as much money as poss! 

I have Yamaha R1 carbs on my 2.1 pinto. The distributor is a vacuum type and the set up works fine. As long as the engine is getting fuel delivered to it the dizzy will tell it when to fire. If the engine is running okay with the vacuum dizzy set up, it should be fine with the bike carbs. All you are doing is changing the fuel supply. You will need a pressure regulator in the fuel line as bike carbs only need a low pressure.

Dave.

Edited by HAWKNORTH

Ruben is buying my spare bike carb manifold off me if you were a member of Rhocar  there are lots of suppliers that give us discounts  to help with the budget 👍

Edited by tractor

My 2B plus has a 2.0L Pinto has 4 x Mikuni Bike CV Carbs from a Kawasaki ZR-6R 'J' Nija with a purpose built manifold built by Bogg Bros and  theFuel pump is a Facet Posi-Flow Electric Fuel pump (4.0 – 7.0 psi) along with a Pressure regulator which is a Sytec Pro-Flow adjustable (1.0 – 5.0 psi) set at 3psi.

In the ned went for a progammable Megajolt electronic system and along with a Sport Torque (FR30) cam. Rolling road set up (Mikeanics) last year now getting 149bhp at 5,900rpm.