Very quite in here

Dcsinclair22

Hi guys thankfully nothing else wrong with the car........... yet, but was just thinking (dangerous I know) but do you guys advertise this forum on Facebook at all? I mean everyone on this forum ive encountered so far have been great, and there's untold amounts of knowledge between you all, just makes me wonder why this forum is so quite compared to other forums I'm on, to be fair the other forums I'm on aren't for kit cars, they are for audis and subaru, has it always been pretty quite round here?

Sadly, so many more people use FB these days, which I think is useless because I can never find old posts in FB - it seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to what it displays. All the posts are just lumped together, no order to it...rubbish.

I used to use a GBS owners forum which had loads of great stuff but it got so quiet that GBS switched it off - ditto for the Tigers owners forum which recently just vanished.

I think the biggest problem is that it is a little trickier to post pictures in a forum whereas it's much easier in FB. Personally, I hate typing on a phone (I use a tablet or PC) and the pokey screen size is annoying.

Also, there are simply very few kit cars compared to the Audis/Scoobys, so far less people on the scene.

Edited by nelmo

Yeah that makes sense, it's a real shame really because like yourself,I much prefer forums, I find forums far superior for many reasons, I like the fact that scams/spam posts are no seen very often on forums, I like the more intimate/personal feeling you get from forums, and it's not full of d!ck heads like Facebook. So is this place strictly for rh kit cars? 

5 minutes ago, Dcsinclair22 said:

So is this place strictly for rh kit cars? 

Absolutely not - we tried to rebrand to the 'UK Kitcar club' so any kit car; RH, GBS, Caterham, Westfields, replicas - anything that may find us useful.

We regularly post on FB groups telling people about us but, because of the crapness of FB, those posts soon vanish...I don't know if there is a way to make a post 'sticky' in FB?

Edited by nelmo