1b chassis issue

garethbowers

Hi all I was looking to rekindle my love for this thing but ive found corrosion on the front chassis.  The other side is crusty too but no holes.   

Not sure whether to fix or scrap it now 😔

Yeah, the joys of kit cars, I'm afraid...but depends on if you are able to work on it yourself or not? If so, it's a cheap but time-consuming job, so have you got the energy for it?

I've just a bought an older tintop which needs work that I cannot do so it's costing me a fortune to get a garage to do it for me - much more painful 😉

If its the chassis itself, its almost scaffold pole. It wont rust through in the lifetimes of the next 4 generations.
Just use wet& dry or a fine sanding disk or wheel on a drill and go at it. Then anti rust primer, undercoat then topcoat.
Water based will be best as it wont react with whatever paint was used directly on the chassis.

If its the bodywork, its not structural, so definitely worth a bit of work, same as above.