3A Bonnet… of Fabricator North West Help Please…

GIWRS

Hi All, I am reaching out on a limb here as probably the only part that nobody has knocking around spare but I need to ask. 

Does anyone have or know where I can get a Bonnet for a MK3A even if it’s a fibreglass version

Basically the powder coating company near me has allowed an apprentice to prep my bonnet and he has managed to bend it. 

I am devastated given I have spent hours sorting build issues from the original builder, fitting upgrades, bodywork fabrication etc the list goes on. I literally dropped the bonnet last week and got the call today. The gutting thing is that I was hoping to have it  ready for Malvern…. 

Many thanks in advance Paul

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

You were going to powder coat stainless steel? Is that even possible? Or is that way to effectively paint it?

Surely that can be straightened out? If not by them, they should pay for someone else to.

Best bet is to call Kit Spares - they may be able to help.

Hi Nelmo, the powder coaters have now got the bonnet in Matt and if it had not been damaged it would be a fantastic job, I am going to try and get it straightened today at an engineers I know who have a press, worst case I think I’m going to have a hood scoop made to suit the full top covering the damage once most of the dent it removed. I will pop some pictures on later. It is better to have powder rather than paint but sadly the parts need blasting first to remove all the crap. The sad thing is the company I have used do a bloody great job, it’s just one of those things when damage occurs, makes it worse when the young lad who did it won’t take responsibility.