Diesel Quicker Than 2b

Guest Fred2b

My son has just bought a new Jaguar 2.0 turbo diesel. It pi**es all over my 2B. The shame of it, he just won't let it go! What am I going to do to wipe that smirk off his face? Very nice car though.

I have a bog standard Pinto 2.0 EFI which I thought went quite well, but now?

This is not the first time either, I have a job keeping up with, dare I say it, 'boy racers' at the lights. This new engine technology is just too much for a 1988 type engine even if it is in a body weighing only 750kg.

I could buy a Pinto 160hp engine from Vulcan with all the trimmings but at plus minus £2000 there must be a cheaper way. Zetec or Vauxhall perhaps?

Help

Peter :boohoo: :boohoo:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter,

Consider this

www.nitrous-solutions.com

A guy called John Williamson also has a very interesting web site that is worth a look.

They talk quite happily about 40Bhp increases

Ian

3 ways to make yourself feel better i reckon.

1. Cost, of a new jag must be over £20k mustnt it? Versus your 2b at around £5k

2. Agilty: Around corners the 2b should leave the jag wallowing

3. Grin factor: Much as i love jags, I had a go in a new jag and cant ever imagine grinning as much as i do in the hood

What models of Vauxhall are fitted with the 2.0 redtop twin cam engine?

Cavalier, Calibra, Nova, Frontera?

If I get a complete car will I need the engine wiring loom?

Thanks for the moral support, I will see my son smiling on the other side of his face soon! :p

Peter

Guest alan rowe

yes r e a l l y Gordon - get your self down here ( with your little ford cossie) and we can find out after I've beaten up Rislas 900cc bike !!!!!!! - rolling starts only though

A

My son has just bought a new Jaguar 2.0 turbo diesel. It pi**es all over my 2B. The shame of it, he just won't let it go! What am I going to do to wipe that smirk off his face?

Tell him it's a 2.0 Ford Duratorque engine straight out of a Ford Mondeo.

You could always put one into your 2B. Start with an accident damaged focus or mondeo for the engine and get a Diesel Sierra for the gearbox. The two are a straight bolt together I believe.

Ant

You can get more than 160bhp from a Pinto for less than 2 grand but you're having to do bits yourself. Even at 2 grand for the engine though it'd still be a lot cheaper than his Jag and by then just as quick.

I'm waiting for a cheap ST24/200 engine to present itself and in the meantime I'm going to megasquirt the 2.1 so that I have a head start on how I can fuel the thing when it appears.

Iain

Guest gordon_macnab
yes  r e a l l y  Gordon - get your self down here ( with your little ford cossie) and we can find out after I've beaten up Rislas 900cc bike !!!!!!! - rolling starts only though

A

Little Ford cossie- Yes but it's red........like little red riding hood ... What's that 16 valve head and big glowing turbo on the side for?......all the better for tearing up the tarmac and scaring the passengers

"Rolling starts" I prefer sideways , much more fun!!!

Cheers

Gordon

Guest alan rowe

and mines a great big Yellow Peril - all the better for eating up little red ........ !!

and the noise will frghten you away anyway - and mines got a big lump on the top

:lol: alan ,we havent raced yet i think you will be put to shame,as will a cossie,i had a race last night with a r500 caterham :lol: they are slow,we stopped at a pub on the a128 and i must say he was a very nice bloke,lives in brentwood :)

he did say hes attitude may have been different had he been with others of his clan :huh:

he was amazed how quick the vortx was

so i think v8 :lol: no contest :p

Guest Battery Bill

Peter

My son has just bought a new Jaguar 2.0 turbo diesel. It pi**es all over my 2B.

Don't let it worry you my "L" reg Mondeo Turbo Diesel was quicker than all the Hoods when we drove back to Newark from my house :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like another Curbrough race is brewing between the Mighty V8 and the Cossy :D :D

Sorry Alan my moneys on the Cozzy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rizla

i had a race last night with a r500 caterham

What were you in the Suzuki? :lol: :lol: Were you towing the caraven at the time? :lol: