Hood Frame

Robbie 2B

Help :wacko:

I am fitting the frame to hold up the hood and would appear to have the front hoop section sorted. It lies flat on the rear deck and then swings up and over the roll-over bar and fits the 'dimples' in the hood (approximately 16" in front of the roll-over bar).

The problem is the second section of the frame which looks as if it is located in the hood 'dimples' behind the roll-over bar. Does this hoop fix onto the front frame section? This would allow both sections to lie flat on the rear deck when not in use or should it have a separate fixing onto the bracket?

Any help and photos would be much appreciated.

Robbie

Thanks Jez, concur with your view at least it would let the frame sit on the rear deck and not the roll over bar supports.

Beginning to think I was a leper :ph34r: , 121 views and no response.

I am hoping to go to Exeter this weekend so will should be able to get some ideas. The front hoop is in position so the hood can atleast be fitted if (more likely when) it starts raining.

Robbie

Guest salty_monk

Mine is fitted with no bars, just uses the roll bar for support & if I was to fit another one I would do it the same way. The bars are a pain in the ass & look ugly. They can also get in the way of the boot & flap around when driving if not tied down..... If you are anywhere near me you're welcome to come for a nose anytime...

Guest docter fox

where do people keep the hoods when their down? behind the seats or on top of the boot area behind the roll bar supports?

how do you hold it down when the roofs down?

longboarder,

you have a pm

salty,

you have 2.. :rolleyes:

Guest micky bigthumbs

sorry all for not posting pics a very long day at work. mine must be an old RH frame i will post pics Saturday. the front rail and second rail hinge on the same point with a small bracket/lever fixing the two rails 2"apart

Mick