Snow

Peter Bell

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use the hood when it rains, mind you, I need to do some work on the RH (valve oil seals, dash, boot trim) and I can't get them done in a weekend so I'm looking for a small run-about to get to work in while I fix the RH.

Guest Ben Salt

It was snowng like mad for ages here in Cambridge last night!

Last bits are just melting now, still some on the roof, just got to work out how to get up there for the snowballs....

Ben

Hey Baz, noticed the locals have panicked and emptied the grit box at the back, (or was that you to make sure you could get home)

Lots of fun this morning leaving work, it snowed/rain heavily last night, which left all the cars wet, then a heavy frost,

watching people climb in there cars from passenger sides and pulling and tugging at door handles :lol:

Mitch

The bridge is called Hewenden Viaduct (disused) on the outskirts of Bradford (about 5 miles from the town centre). The road down is quite steep and there's a narrow bridge on the bend at the bottom and a climb up the other side thats why they use a lot of grit. It's a busy little road at times as people use it as a short cut to Bradford.

Barry.

Guest timswait

Proper snow here in Sheffield, about 1.5-2 inches last night, so went for a drive in the peaks this morning. Fantastic fun, managed to find roads which the gritter hadn't been on and was slipping and sliding everywhere. Empty car parks in the peak district are awesome for a Hood when it snows, lots of doughnuts! Did have some problems getting up a steep hill to get home, but took a run up at it and made it in the end. Very little traffic around so spent a fair bit of time practising power slides around a T junction.

A Hood is for all year and not just for summer. :p

I'll try and get some photos up.

Guest Phil Slater

it had "stuck" as I drove over Haslingden Grane (very pretty)

By eck.!! Snow on't Grane. That brings back memories :rolleyes: . It's amazin how a bit of snow can make quarry spoil tips look spectacular. Back in the seventy's in mi moggie 1000 the trick, to save petrol, was to try and coast in neutral from the top all the way down and as far up towards Hasi as you could get!! Oh the simple pleasures of motoring back then :blink: