Brake/fuel Pipes

Guest klaxon

Does anyone know if the SVA manual specifies a maximum distance between clips on

a) fuel pipe

B) brake pipe

c) wiring harness

or is there a document I can view on-line that contains this info

Guest Andy Rathbone

and dont clip fuel to electrics, i ran fuel feed and return down one side of the tunnel and electrics above brakes down the other side of the tunnel so if the brake pipe does leak dot 4 wont drip over the wiring. passed SVA like it so it cant be all bad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Drewsus

Anyone got any suggestions for removing, the loom down the tunnel and moving it across the offer side??? I bought mine part built and everything runs down one side. :boohoo:

Or do you think I could run it down the outside of the tunnel, through interior?

Likewise is there anyway of finding out what the SVA requires?

Guest Petemate

Hi All

One recent post on the Locost forum indicated the builder's car passed SVA with everything down one side. The builder specifically asked Mr SVA about this, the runs being about 40mm apart, and was told it was OK. No specific measurements, but that they should be "apart".

HTH

Petemate

P.S. like most Hood builders, my leccy is down one side and fuel down the other.... B)

Guest chris brown

My electrics, fuel and brake lines all run down the tunnel on the near side with the electrics highest and all are separately P clipped in at about every 8 inches. Electrics with plastic P clips, fuel 2 off and brakes with the ally type that have rubber insert. No problem at SVA

Guest salty_monk

That sounds similar to the setup Drewsus has.... (although he may have either fuel or brakes on the offside I think.. can't remember which). Actually you might know this car Chris as it came from your area; it's the one that used to belong to Chris Williams....

What distance do you have between the runs? (ie. distance splitting the brakes, fuel & electrics in a vertical plane).

Drewsus is a mate of mine so I'm going to be dragged kicking & screaming into this build like it or not... (mind you he's already helped me fit one diff & will be assisting in the next one too!!)

Guest Drewsus

Having been hard at work for the last hour or so I have been reading the SVA manual. It basically says that the wiring should be positioned to minimse the risk of corrosion and fire, prevent damage to insulation and unless contained in a hollow component secured at not more than 300mm.

So as they are positioned above the fuel lines and in plastic Covering I think they should be fine.

At least we know to use the big hammer for the diff! And you have to pick it up first.