Pedal Box

gomatthome

spent last few days taking out carb pinto and replacing with 2l efi. have also fitted the 4 into 1 exhaust so as to start fitting steering shaft and pedals.

apart from fact that difficult getting steering shaft past the exhaust and the brake servo to miss the pipes (not finally fixed) which reading some past posts seems to be a problem my pedals seem to be very high from the floor.

could anyone advise me what height the pedals should be from the floor before i start to fit? also i see that some members have excluded the servo. i can see the advantage of this from a space point of view but as a novice would not know how to go about it / what is needed in its place. For a novice is it better just to stick with it and jiggle everything about and accept that bthe clearance will be minimal between steering shaft and exhaust and servo and exhaust.

any comments / suggestions greatfully recieved.

phil

Guest chris brown
my pedals seem to be very high from the floor
I think you will find that is the case with all 2B's I have a "dummy" floor in to raise it up about 1.5 inch this also allows the speedo cable to be routed across the floor, up the side panel and round in a gentle curve without you standing on it every time you get in and out.

As for the steering shaft it is a case of getting the mounting where it passes through the bulkhead as close to the offside as poss even cutting some off the bracket because even a few mm helps. Mine has about 10mm clearance but still touches very lightly on hard acceleration

Guest jetskijase

HI

Dont worry about the height , i thought it was really high but when i sat in it the pedals fall just right, ( size 10 trainers) you need to concentrate on getting the steering column bracket as far over to the right as poss, i cut the right hand tag off to do this, then it will clear the exhaust etc.

Jase :D

many thanks for that with only size 8's may put the dummy floor in as suggested. Have already taken off part of the tag will look at taking more off to get the room. It looks like i need to mount the steering col bracket below the bracket not resting on top like shown in video so as to get it central with the bush i assume this wont present any problems.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Phil