Fuel Gauge Rubber Seal

Snapperpaul

Where can i get a rubber seal for the fuel gauge and a standard sierra filler pipe,

Any one got these items spare or know who sells them.

I don't want to dismantle a tank in a scappies unless i have to.

Guest Daniel Aldridge

Hi Paul

Should have the fuel gague seal.Just poping to the garage to make sure. If you'd like to send me a p,m with your address I will pop it in the post to you. can't help with the fuel filler pipe though.

Daniel :)

Iv'e found it Paul,Just let me know if you want it posted to you?

The fuel filler that Graham offered was way to complicated, thanks all the same for his generous offer, I need a simple pipe from a basic saloon virtualy a straight pipe with a 90% bend at the top. any help much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

The fuel gauge (or sender) seal is 44p + VAT from a Ford dealer - even our local one in Coalville stocks them, they are just a small rubber gasket.

The problem I have (and I've said it before on a thread) is that I can't get a good seal and stop it leaking, its OK temporarily, then it seems to dislodge. The tank aperture is barely smaller than the gasket.

I've tried making my own gasket from a larger piece of rubber but they seem to crack and disintegrate after a few journeys.

I wonder whether it is relative movement between the tank and the body (mine is a monocoque) as the washers that secure the fuel sender sit on the body.

Never mind, get down to your Ford dealer for the gasket anyway!

Andy

When I used the sierra sender I used the rubbber seal from a used sierra oil filter. Carefully cut out a section then super glue the ends back together to give the correct diameter. Never had any problems with leaks.

post-18-1112732452.jpg