Towbar

Guest scotty g

Guest scotty g

Hi all, bought a towbar for my sierra on ebay and it arrived yeterday as a big box of assorted bits with no bloody instructions. I'll be damned if i can work it out, can anyone give any advice or better still put up a couple of pictures. Cheers guys. My wife is already bidding on trailers so i need to get this sorted!!!!

Guest johnboymac

can't help with sierra specifics in detail, but when took one off, i seem to remember that the square tube ran in the same direction as the car, it had one bolt through into the boot floor just inside the bumper, then the bar went under the tyre well and was bolted at the far side of that. There was a spacer tube to keep it a couple of inches off the tyre well itself.

In addition, there was a piece of angle iron. this was bolted with four bolts to the back\ underside of the car(it runs across the way), and the towbar square tube attached to that.

as for wiring, heres a site that may help>

http://www.rydertowing.co.uk/trailer_towba...bar_wiring_.htm

cheers, J

that sounds about the same as the one i took off my doner, there might be some spacers to go between places where the car is double skinned, i seem to remember that on mine

Guest mickmellors

Have you asked the seller ? - He might have overlooked the instructions and might be able to post them to you - Must be worth a try. Failing that try the manufacturer, they might oblige you. Chances are that it could be a Towsure product (towsure.co.uk) tell them you got the towbar from them some years ago and have bought another sierra and want to fit the towbar but have lost the instructions.

Guest scotty g

Mmmmmmmm, nice wheels! Thanks for the destructions Pete, my towbar is slighly different, it has a double bolted bracket at the front but i should be able to work it out now. Many thanks.