How Low Can I Go?

Snapperpaul

I am ready for wheels and fittting the rear arches, I would like to have the wheels as high up in the arches as i can. I know that there are ground clearance problems, suspension travel issues and I would like a useable ride for the road. I have got spacers in the shocks that came with the kit ( about four washers ) and i can pre-load the springs. I have a view to fit 195-50-15's subject to best advise.

Hi Paul,

I ran my Series III for several years on 185/60 14 which gave a sump clearance of 3 inches. I grounded the sump several times but luckily it has survived. Last year I bought a new set of alloys and the largest combination of wheel and tyre I could get into the wheel arches were 195/65 15. These gave me an extra 1.5 inches of ground clearance, a total of 4.5 inches, I have not grounded the sump since. I will get around to shortening the sump one day as well.

p.s. the cd is nearly ready to send.

My plans are to shorten the sump as per the NW Hoodies web site and to put 195-50-15's on. What i am trying to do is get the wheels in to the arches at the back without grounding the suspension mounts.

I've managed to get my Mk1 S7 7" off the ground at both ends.

Tyres are 195/65/14, I've wound the adjusters on the front springs up a bit, I haven't got a shortened sump yet but do occasionally clout it.

Andy