It Came Off In My Hand!

Guest red7

The voices in my head tell me to go on with the 5 speed quest........so I must.

Episode 2.......Cutting the Monocoque...Return of the angle grinder.

I cannot afford my engine to move forward (4 into 1 manifold will clash chassis engine mounts).

Chris N. (Obi-Wan)

Big Jim. (Yoda)

Did you move your engine forward?

Will the gearlever have to move aft? Did you cut the tunnel top?

Any other nasties waiting to get me?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you move your engine forward?

Will the gearlever have to move aft? Did you cut the tunnel top?

Any other nasties waiting to get me?

Hi Steve

No I didnt move my engine forward, engine mounts still in the same place.

No gearlever in the same place to but I have fitted a quick shift lever B) from Rally Design

link

Found no other nasties along the way as for the RH 4 into 1 not sure about that :unsure: as I've fitted a Pilgrim Sumo 4 into 2 into 1 and its well away from the O/S engine mount.

:lol: :lol: Nice grinder mate :o :D

And its nice to put a face to the name as well even with a full face visor on (safety frist) ;)

THE FORCE IS ALWAYS WITH YOU :rolleyes:

Like the instruction sheet too :) (dont let them fall into the wrong hands of the dark side) :lol:

As you can see.....

I reckon I have to enlarge the hole in the floor back to the old gearbox mounting holes, then drill two new holes about 80mm back from the originals. This will mean cutting the 25mm flange away to allow the bracket to sit on the floor. Simple.

This may sound a pain in the ass!!!!!! :o :boohoo: but if I was you I would bolt the engine and box together and drop the lot back in to the car so that the engine is back on its mount to check where its all got to sit and then mark it out . This is what I ended up doing with mine. I know its long winded engine/box in engine/box out engine/box in= finished :wacko:

I made my drawing using the two gearboxes back to back so it's correct. All I need to do is slot the new holes for and aft alowing 50mm for sliding the assembly to the best position and lock it down.

I'm knackered. :D But Engine and 5 speed box are fitted to RED7 and lubricants are in, just got to bolt on all the loose bits and connect the electrics and it's off again on more adventures. :D