to drain the fluids and dispose of them or the battery, the car isn't being

scrapped in the eyes of the DVLA, so there's no paperwork. They're

getting a bunch of metal and possibly some useable panels, so why

do I have to pay? I've heard something about a disposal fee, but who

collects that and why?

Cheers,

Peter

Guest chris brown

Its just the scrap dealer making a few quid if you were to take it to a scrap metal dealer as apposed to a car breakers and weigh it in you would get paid for it last week this area was £57.50 a metric ton for light steel (body panels etc). But it must be clean –no plastic, door cards, seats etc-. More for heavy (cast items)

Guest scotty g

Rather than pay the money i bought a good quality angle grinder and spent a day and a half chopping it into peices small enough to fit into the boot and took it to the local dump over a period of a few weeks. This was extremely satisfying.

Guest Battery Bill

I agree with that but I just cut ours into bits that would fit on the trailer and took it to the scrap dealers who gave me £50 for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest micky bigthumbs

You can hire a recipricating saw for about £15 ..the same as the fire brigade use ..in an hour it would fit in your car boot

Mick

Guest cryoman

yOU COULD TRY PHONING YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL'S ABANDONED VEHICLE DEPARTMENT. MY COUNCIL (NEW FOREST) COLLECTED THE VEHICLE FOR FREE. I EVEN EXPLAINED THE STATE OF THE VEHICLE, WHAT I WAS DOING, AND THAT THE CAR, SHELL WAS IN MY GARAGE AND WOULD NEED TO BE DRAGGED OUT WITH A HIAB. STILL NO CHARGE. :D

Hi all, I rang round all the local scrappy's untill one told me the number of a guy with a Hi-ab (spelling???). I rang him, and he turned up 2 days later and took my shell away for free.(Including all the scrap I'd filled it with!!)

Nicko

Guest Battery Bill

STOP SHOUTING :gdit: :lol:

I often got blokes knocking at the door asking if I needed the car taken away, No wonder :rolleyes: they plonk it on a trailer take it o the scrap merchants and get some cash :D Easy Money

PS Leave some old paving slabs in by mistake and lose them before you leave :wub: :wub: